Slovak Telekom, a.s.
Slovak Telekom is the largest Slovak multimedia operator with many years of experience and responsible approach to doing business. The company is an universal operator offering residential and corporate clientele benefits of a comprehensive solution provided from a single source. Telekom brand offers the complex portfolio of voice and data services provided via fixed and mobile network. It also constantly introduces international know-how, innovative solutions and cutting edge technological trends to the market.
Slovak Telekom offers a full-array of data and voice services, owns and operates the fixed and mobile telecommunications network covering almost the entire territory of the Slovak Republic. In the field of the fixed network, the company systematically invests in the most advanced optical infrastructure, operates the Next Generation Network (NGN) and is the largest broadband provider in the country. As the first multimedia operator, it offers the digital TV Magio via fixed networks and satellite technology DVB-S2. In the field of mobile communication, it provides internet connectivity via several different technologies for high-speed data transmission - GPRS/EDGE, Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), UMTS FDD/HSDPA/HSUPA, FLASH-OFDM and LTE. As the first operator in Slovakia company launched the MMS messaging service and BlackBerry. Its customer can use roaming services in networks of mobile operators in all destinations of the world. The company is considered to be a leader in the field of provision of telecommunication services in the most demanding business customer segment from the perspective of the service scope as well as quality.
According to the renowned study by Hewitt Associates, the company is one of the best employers in Slovakia. It also is a respected and long-term leader in the field of CR and philanthropy.
Slovak Telekom is a member of the multinational Deutsche Telekom Group. The Company's majority shareholder (51%) is CMobil B.V., fully owned by Deutsche Telekom AG. The Slovak Republic represented by the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic owns a 34 % share and the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic 15 % shares. Slovak Telekom, a. s., is a shareholder of daughter companies Zoznam, s. r. o., Zoznam Mobile, s. r. o., Telekom Sec, s. r. o. and PosAm, spol. s r. o., DIGI SLOVAKIA, s. r. o.
Bajkalská 28, 817 62 Bratislava
Entered into Companies Register:
District Court of Bratislava I, Section: Sa; Insert No.: 2081/B
Date of incorporation:
1 April 1999
Identification and taxation ID data:
Business Registration Number (IČO): 35 763 469, Taxpayer Registration Number (DIČ): 2020273893, VAT Taxpayer Registration Number (IČ DPH): SK2020273893
Všeobecná úverová banka, a. s., account number: 1634862854/0200
IBAN: SK12 0200 0000 0016 3486 2854
Principal business activities of the Company:
- provision of telecommunications services against payment (transmission, processing, creation and mediation of information) for individuals and corporations using voice, graphical, visual, data, information, multimedia telecommunications services and all combinations thereof;
- establishment, operation, construction, maintenance, and servicing of telecommunications facilities, networks, and information technologies owned by third parties under concluded contracts;
- preparation and updating of information databases for information systems in the telecommunications sector;
- publishing, distribution and sale of directories of subscribers of individual telecommunications services on various media;
- connection of a specific part of the PTN (public telecommunications network) to the international telecommunications network, concluding of international agreements in telecommunications related to the business activities of Slovak Telecom, proposing prices and tariffs for domestic and international services, including billing and clearing thereof;
- establishment and operation of public mobile telecommunications networks over the frequencies assigned under the License of the Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic,
- provision of the public mobile telephone service via mobile public telecommunications services stated in the previous paragraph,
- provisioning and operation of the public data network with packet switching;
- provision of public mobile telephone service and full extent of data and multimedia services via the third generation mobile network;
- establishment and operation of the fixed telecommunication network for the purposes of interconnection or connection of facilities of the third generation mobile network;
- establishment and operation of the public mobile telecommunications network, which is designated as the third generation network and complies with the UMTS standards, over the frequencies assigned under the License of the Telecommunications Office of the Slovak Republic;
- information society services;
- consultancy in the area of public cellular radiotelephone network;
- consultancy in the area of public packet network for data transmission.
Slovak Telekom is a member of the multinational Deutsche Telekom Group. The Company's majority shareholder (51%) is CMobil B.V., fully owned by Deutsche Telekom AG. The Slovak Republic represented by the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic owns a 34 % share and the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic 15 % shares.